Santa Rosa 70.3 Camp: April 1-2, 2017
Experience Ironman 70.3 Santa Rosa Before Race Day
Join our first of two training camps in 2017 staged from host city Santa Rosa and Lake Sonoma. This first camp is ideal for athletes training for Ironman 70.3 (5/13) and/or Ironman 140.6 (7/29). The camp is 6 weeks out from the May 13th race date and will greatly assist in learning the numerous challenges of this newly designed race.
It is important to note that this new race has a significant separation between T1 at Lake Sonoma to T2 in downtown Santa Rosa. This in turn creates sizable logistical challenge when wishing to train on the actual race course: swim, bike and run.
Our 2-day comprehensive camp factors in all aspects of the race and provides a first-class experience designed to allow you to focus solely on your training and nothing else.
- 4-star accommodations in downtown Santa Rosa at Hyatt Vineyard Creek
- Full participant and bike transport services to Lake Sonoma from hotel each morning
- Open water swim in Lake Sonoma each morning
- Ride 70.3 course both days post-swims
- Full SAG (support and gear) services during each ride
- Secure bike storage at T2 during brick runs
- Aid station support along run course each day
- Sports nutrition product (energy food and drink) provided
- Training camp technical shirt and other sponsor branded merchandise
Tentative Camp Agenda #
Fri 3/31 – PM: Participant travel and check in to host hotel
Sat 4/01 – AM: Group breakfast, camp orientation, load equipment and head to lake for swim and ride
Sat 4/01 – PM: Brick run first long loop (~8.5 miles) of the half marathon course, group dinner
Sun 4/02 – AM: Group breakfast, load equipment and head to lake for swim and ride
Sun 4/03 – PM: Brick run second short loop (~4.5 miles) of the half marathon course, training camp concludes
# workouts are subject to change due to weather or outside circumstances
Camp Registration *
$400 – 2-day training camp per person
* Accommodations are not included in camp registration.
Hyatt Vineyard Creek
170 Railroad Street
Santa Rosa, California, 95401
We’ve secured a special group rate of $205/night for ten (10) standard rooms. Deadline to secure the special rate is 3/3.
Click here to reserve your room now.
Passenger and Bike Transport Services
Each camp participant will travel with their bike and equipment to the host hotel Friday evening. On both Saturday and Sunday mornings, camp participants and gear will be transported to Lake Sonoma via shuttle vans while everyone’s bikes will follow via cargo trailer. For those needing their bikes transported to and from the camp, please notify us to coordinate pick up before camp.
What to bring?
We’ll send out a check list to all registered participants.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected] or call (415) 409-5900.